November 14, 2012

fuzzy bunny (slippers)

(Slippers) because she had decided that, first and foremost, they are new friends, and then they are slippers. They have names already, of course, even thought it's only been one night and one morning since they were fully felted and dried. Glitter and Twinkle. I'm not entirely sure which is which, but she seems to know. I *think* Glitter is the one with the floppy ear.
These were a super quick knit, which was wonderful after tho very protracted Will sock project and the Solstice sweaters still in progress and the hat that never seems to end. Whipped up in an easy evening out of the angora yarn I spun last winter which has been sitting around waiting for a project that needed to be particularly warm and fuzzy.
The pattern is from Tiny Owl Knits, home of the Beekeeper Quilt and my new favorite place to go peep at knitted eye candy. I want to make them all! All! But first probably this fox scarf for my girl. To go with the bunnies. Although the Where the Wild Things Are hat is pretty awesome too.
Because the directions were for adult sizes only, I had to make some adjustments, winging it a bit since I knew it would be felted anyway. If you are interested, my Ravelry notes on changing the size can be found here.

So now our feet are cozy and warm. Very necessary when it's 21 degrees out in the morning and not officially winter yet.