November 15, 2010

One Thing

This weekend we had one of those wonderful cozy weekends that I love. A spontanious supper party with friends involving a delicious sausage soup that I must get the recipe for, a roaring fire in the fireplace, lots of cuddles and naps on the couch for every member of the family, a new knitting project (using the teeniest needles I've ever seen, I'm not sure if my eyesight is good enough for this one, we shall see) some quiet sewing while kids played and daddy snoozed, a morning excursion to see Evelyn sing in her first concert. Perfect.Perfect. Perfect.
I started working on some placemats for our table during that lovely quiet sewing time. We have some, a set of the hard English variety that are very practical but not very warm and homey feeling. And ever since reading this excellent book I've been determined to make our dinners feel special more often. Our table is long and substantial and great for buffets, but it's not very cozy. I'm hoping that adding some nice fabric placemats will help in that department so that is my project for the week. Placemats. And maybe cloth napkins as well if I have time. I'd like to make a set of eight so that we have extras for guests and spilled milk incidents, but I'd be happy with just four for now.
What about you? What projects would you like to finish this week? Or even start this week? Anyone working on holiday baking yet?

One Thing
A new Monday habit. Share the one thing that you want to do this week, just for you. Tell us what you are working on in the comments and link back to your blog so we can see all the fun things you do!
So, what will you be up to this week?