November 1, 2010

One Thing


My husband is a pretty good natured guy. Especially when it comes to Halloween. I can't even tell you all the things I've made him dress up as over the years, even on Halloween's when I didn't dress up. Even on Halloween's when we didn't have children! So when I came trotting down the stairs yesterday to tell him that I'd had a hilarious idea about his costume, I knew he'd do it, even before asking. Behold the Bearded Lady.
Now to fully understand this you have to know that our neighborhood has a huge parade every Halloween where the families with kids gather and march around the streets before stopping at the house of my lovely friend Stephanie for a pre-trick or treating pizza party. Which means that my husband wore that get-up for half the day and in front of pretty much everyone we know.

So this week my One Thing is simple and sweet, quite literally. I'm going to bake him his favorite dessert - a pumpkin pie. Just because he wore eyeliner and a bra (about which he kept saying - "Why do you women wear these things! They're awful!" - all the while "adjusting" the girls) and tights and an anklet around his wrist because none of my bracelets fit and was a good sport about all of it. It made my week.

The kids were pretty cute too if I do say so myself!
So what about you? What are you up to this week?

One Thing
A new Monday habit. Share the one thing that you want to do this week, just for you. Click to enter below and link back to your blog so we can see all the fun things you do!
So, what will you be up to this week?