September 24, 2009

Once a Cook, Always a Cook


While unloading seventeen boxes (and counting) of books yesterday into our newly assembled build in bookshelves (pictures coming soon!) I ran across a cookbook that my mother had transcribed for me once upon a time. I'm guessing I was about four or five since teh drawings are almost intelligable but I wasn't writing yet. It's pretty freaking hilarious to read now. It features recipes for Roast Rabbit, Peanut Butter Cookies, Banana Sundae and Chocolate Strawberry sundae, Snowman Cookies, Turkey Chicken (you didnt know this but it was really ME who came up with the whoel TurDuckIn thing. What can I say, I was a child culinary genius!) Peanut Butter Sandwich and Fruit Salad with Tomatoes. They are all pretty silly but my favorites are for the Banana Sundae and the Roast Rabbit. I'm sure you'll all enjoy cooking these exactly as I wrote them.

Banana Sundae

Buy a Banana Sundae.
When you buy it, then you can eat it

(hey, I was nothing if or logical)

But this one is the best best

Roast Rabbit
(complete with a drawing of a rabbit pinned down with nails)

Cook the Rabbit and eat it.
Feed the bones to the dog.
But we dont.